We work with charities across the UK, from small private foundations to larger charitable institutions, providing charity law advice to support organisations throughout the lifecycle of their legal needs.
From registering your new charity or social enterprise and advice on governance and responsibilities, to incorporation and enforcement issues and answering questions from the Charity Commission on your behalf – Jurit can help.
And when your charitable organisation – be it charitable trust/foundation, charitable incorporated organisation (CIO) or charitable company – has reached the end of its journey, we will also support you in winding it up in line with Charity Commission requirements.
Our people, your partners
We work with everyone from individuals who want to set up a personal charitable foundation, to existing charities who may require legal support every now and then in relation to specific issues.
Our lawyers also work with charities on tax considerations where they become the beneficiaries of an estate and can provide contentious probate support in defence of wills, where our charity clients are named beneficiaries.
Our services include:
- Charity set up and registration with the Charity Commission
- Changes to governing documents - including applications to the Charity Commission
- Restructuring and formation of subsidiaries
- Governance best practice
- Charity mergers and winding up in line with Charity Commission requirements
- Trustee obligations and liabilities
- Appointment and/or retirement of Trustees
- Enforcement support – guidance on Charity Commission and HMRC investigations
- Contentious probate