Pensions (UK & Offshore)
Combining technical pensions law advice with tax insight, for the best outcome.
Jurit works with a range of clients – from employers and other professionals to private individuals – providing expert pensions advice relating to both UK and offshore pension interests.
Whether you want advice on your SIPPS or SSAS, want to move your pension offshore, or simply want to understand what you can and can’t do with your existing schemes, we can help.
Our lawyers will support you with everything from understanding pension rules and their implications and making deed amendments, to the impact of legislative pension changes, as well as advising on tax issues affecting pensions (both UK and offshore).
Our people, your team
Jurit has particular expertise in advising on complex offshore pension schemes and pension trusts and bring this knowledge together with our tax insight.
We advise on the impact of pension law changes and changes to pension tax rules.
This ability to understand complex pensions with an international element, and their impact on an international tax position, is rare, which is why we also work with a range of law firms and IFAs to support them with their own clients with offshore interests.
Our lawyers are used to working collaborating with IFAs, or if you do not have one, we can also recommend trusted advisers. We also work with IFAs directly, to support them with their client requirements on pensions.
How we help
Working closely with you, we can provide expert insight and advice in relation to the following aspects of pensions law and its associated tax implications.
Our advice spans everything from supporting you with existing schemes to understand what you can and can’t do with them, moving pensions offshore, pension transfers and the associated tax triggers and the winding up of pension schemes.Contact us
Our services include:
- Drafting pension scheme documentation
- Pension scheme changes and impact (replacing trustees / adding employers)
- Exercise of discretion in relation to death benefit payments
- Annuities and income drawdown advice
- Corresponding overseas schemes
- Group pension arrangements
- International pensions
- Pension funding rules
- Pension transfers, including offshore (QROPS, QNUPS)
- Pensions as part of an inheritance tax (IHT) strategy
- Pension tax issues – unauthorised and authorised pension transfers and tax triggers Personal pension advice (SIPPs)
- Small, self-administered pension schemes (SSAS)
- Unauthorised payment charges
- Unregulated offshore pensions
- Legacy of 'A-Day' pensions simplification (2006) and impact on pension schemes and how they are taxed (FURBS, EFRBS)
- Advice on pension split in the event of divorce
“I’ve worked with Jo Summers for many years and it never ceases to amaze me the way in which she, and the wider Jurit team, are able to get to the nub of a core issue and provide a strategic solution within a very short timescale. Having access to this very high level of expertise and experience makes all the difference.
“Not only do they look at the nuts and bolts of a technical issue, but they also understand how the solution they come up with needs to fit into the wider strategic picture for clients. This, together with their approachability and responsiveness, makes them a true delight to work with.”Julian Mann - Director, Mann Hough Limited.