Paul is a consultant solicitor in our commercial practice with over 30 years’ experience in the legal profession.
He specialises in advising governments, public bodies, multinational corporations, SMEs, lending institutions and emerging market companies in the United Kingdom and internationally, on a broad range of corporate and commercial issues.
Having lived and worked in London, Tokyo, Dubai and Singapore where he worked for international law firms advising clients on deals spanning 35 jurisdictions, Paul has built up an extensive network of business and professional contacts which he is able to bring to his work.
Throughout his career, Paul has advised on projects ranging in value from £100,000 to £20 billion across the energy, transport, building and infrastructure sectors, ranging from commercial and residential property, schools, hospitals and hotels to transport infrastructure, power stations and petrochemical plants.
This experience allows Paul to apply his knowledge across multiple sectors to a variety of projects
- from small corporate and commercial mandates preparing simple contracts or day-to-day legal needs, to working on major multi-billion pound international projects.
When he is not travelling on business, he splits his time between London and Dorset.
Examples of transactions on which Paul has worked include:
- An infrastructure fund in connection with the development of a public-private partnership parking project (incorporating a mixed-use commercial development and government accommodation) in the UAE.
- A UAE utilities infrastructure company on its acquisition of a UK specialty engineering company.
- An Asian infrastructure fund in connection with their investments in the development of renewable energy projects in Pakistan and Nepal.
- A contractor in connection with the development of two major urban metro projects in the Middle East.
- Developers, contractors and funders engaged in the development and financing of power generation projects in Europe, Asia and the Middle East.
- A GCC government authority on the development of a suite of over 30 contracts for construction, operation, maintenance and concessioning of public assets.
- Bidders and concessionaires in connection with a number of public-private partnerships in the roads, schools and government accommodation sectors in the UK and Republic of Ireland.
- A unit loading device (ULD) service provider in the negotiation of contracts to provide ULD outsourcing services to airlines in Europe, the Middle East and South Asia.