Tax and Incentives, Commercial, Corporate and M&A, Employment, Employers, Private Wealth & Tax
- Corporate and M&A
- Commercial structures
- Employee Benefit Trust Arrangements
- Franchising Agreements
- Joint Ventures
- Management Incentives
- Share Sales
- Share Structure
- Tax and Incentives
Jeremy is a corporate and employee incentives lawyer with over 25 years’ experience advising and working with many types of business.
Having successfully led practices in Big 4 firms and US and UK law firms, Jeremy joined Jurit as a partner from Reed Smith LLP.
Jeremy advises a range of businesses, from start-ups to multinationals, on how to structure their company so that they can not only be compliant, but also significantly more effective and capable of achieving their strategic aims.
Jeremy is an experienced corporate and employee benefits lawyer at the highest level but also has significant business experience and works with numerous companies to achieve investment and exits.
He advises on incentive issues which range from high level boardroom pay issues and management equity participation, to employee share plans. Jeremy also advises on joint ventures, shareholders’ agreements, directors’ duties and director/shareholder conflicts, as well as investment rounds and investment agreements.
- Completing over 40 employee ownership trust acquisitions, totalling over £1 billion
- Sale and purchase of numerous companies both UK and cross-border
- Challenges to HMRC on assessments relating to employee benefit trusts
- Advising family offices on corporate structures and investments
- Advising on commercial structures including international joint ventures and franchising arrangements
- Advising VCs, investors, companies and their management on investment rounds
- Advising management on management buy-outs (MBOs)
- Advising investors and companies on transactions such as share sales and business sales
- Advising companies on their management incentives and share structures, including growth shares, Enterprise Management Incentive options, Company Share Option Plans, Share Incentive Plans and SAYE plans as well as bespoke arrangements
- Advising on employee benefit trust arrangements including historical liability issues
- Negotiating with HMRC on incentive and benefit matters
- Advising quoted companies on their share incentives and boardroom pay issues
- Negotiating with institutional shareholders in relation to remuneration concerns
- Advising various multinationals on their roll out of incentives
- Advising on international assignments.
He is a trustee of an UK/Indian charity RISE UK, which provides educational support in the UK and India.
Jeremy works a lot in Malta and India and does lots of multi-jurisdictional work. In particular, Jeremy provides consultancy services and legal services for many Indian and Maltese companies in the UK.
He also has an MBA from Cass Business School.